Feminism and ELTLast year, movements such as the Women's marches and the #Metoo campaign proved to the world that Feminism is not an old-fashioned and overused label anymore. Indeed, even the US dictionary Merriam-Webster selected Feminism as its "Word of the Year" in 2017. Feminism has never been as relevant to society as it is now and, I believe that the ELT industry is no exception.
Find out about ...
- The importance of Feminism in today's society
- As a feminist teacher, should we teach inclusive language to our students?
- Linking current social issues to the ELT classroom
- Classroom as a medium for girls' empowerment.
Speaker: Daphné Sonier
Speaker's Bio:Daphne moved to Bilbao to teach English full time in September 2017. Previous to that she completed her master's degree in TESOL in Ireland specializing in Feminism and Linguistics. She teaches all levels and ages but particularly enjoys exciting debates with her adult students.
Sponsor: IC Bilbao idiomas
Sponsor's Bio:IC Bilbao Idiomas has been an English Academy since 1994. It specialises in teaching a wide range of students from kids and teens to adults and business.
- K’mon Bilbao has confirmed attendance at the upcoming recruitment fair.November 20, 2017 - 1:19 pm
- IC Bilbao Idiomas have confirmed they will be recruiting at Spainwise North 2018October 20, 2017 - 1:09 pm
- Cambridge English will be one of the Sponsors of Spainwise North 2018October 2, 2017 - 1:11 pm
- Trinity College London Sponsors Spainwise North 2018August 29, 2017 - 12:17 pm
IES Botikazar BHI
Botikazar ibarra, 1
(00 34) 944 483 135